2019 Technology Teacher Grant
Teachers – Win $1,000 for Virtual Reality Equipment for your Classroom
Sponsored by Fios.Verizon.com
Looking for a new way to make learning fun for your students? Eligible K-12 teachers may apply for a $1,000 grant to use toward the purchase of Virtual Reality (VR) equipment to use in the classroom.
Help your students engage with educational content through the interactive learning experiences of VR headsets. Studies suggest that education through VR can improve knowledge retention, concentration and understanding. Take your students on virtual field trips or build a new skill in a safe environment – the options for immersive learning with VR equipment are limitless. Share your unique plan to use VR technology for education and you could win $1,000 toward VR equipment for your classroom!
How to apply
- Read the eligibility guidelines (listed below) to ensure your classroom is able to receive grant funding.
- Complete the online application with the required information.
- Write a brief lesson plan (500 word max. and must be written in English) that creatively details how you would use Virtual Reality (VR) equipment in your classroom to enhance the education experience.
- Submit your application and lesson plan online here by the deadlines:11:59 PM ET on May 21st 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
We’ll be choosing two (2) grant recipients of $1,000 for VR equipment for classrooms based on the following criteria:
- Is your educational plan original, creative and fun for students? Does it combine VR technology with carefully designed lessons to engage students and promote learning?
- Can your plan be reasonably carried out in the classroom? Will the lesson plan and VR experiences be implemented within the current or upcoming school year?
- Age appropriateness
- Will the VR technology be used for age-appropriate activities? Is your plan to use VR in the classroom tailored to fit the needs of K-12 students?
- Can you measure the success of VR learning in your classroom? Will there be corresponding tests, assignments or other measures of student knowledge and participation?
- Does your lesson plan fit within the word count limit (500 word max. in English) and is your application fully completed? Full eligibility description available below.
Click Here for the Online Grant Application
More Grant Opportunities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.