2019 Project Kaleidoscope STEM Leadership Institute
Institute I: July 9–14, 2019
Institute II: July 16–21, 2019
The Claggett Center, Adamstown, Maryland
Deadline 1: January 15, 2019 | Notification by March 1
Deadline 2: March 15, 2019 | Notification by May 1
About the Institute
Enlightened institutions of higher education recognize the value of cultivating leadership capacity among STEM faculty and administrators. The PKAL STEM Leadership Institute empowers individuals to fully understand and implement the theory and practice of navigating the politics of change, addressing inter- and intrapersonal conflicts, and restructuring the institutional systems that limit our capacity for global competitiveness in science and technology.
This Institute—uniquely designed for early- and midcareer STEM faculty, principal investigators, and administrators—awakens and sensitizes its participants to the systems, structures, and influences of power and privilege within higher education, equipping them with the tools and skills needed to bring about social change in STEM. Nearly 60% of the Institute’s curriculum is grounded in the major tenets of experiential learning, including the state-of-the-art diversity simulation, My Tenure Trek™ (MTT), which guides participants through real-world experiences that are representative of cultures, norms, and traditions that are distinctly different from their own.
Who Should Apply?
- Early- to midcareer STEM faculty with an interest in leading undergraduate STEM reform on their campuses and nationally
- Principal investigators who lead undergraduate STEM reform initiatives
- Administrators (with STEM disciplinary expertise) of academic STEM units
Individuals from community colleges, minority-serving institutions, and/or historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
More in "Faculty Updates"
- New Article: Professors Assess Fall Instruction and the Impact on Students
- New Book: Promoting Inclusive Classroom Dynamics in Higher Education
- 2021 ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge Post-Election Survey
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.