2019 AmeriCorps Notice of Funding Opportunity
CNCS recently released the 2019 AmeriCorps Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), Application Instructions, Performance Measure Instructions, and Mandatory Supplemental Guidance.
2019 AmeriCorps Funding Priorities
In the FY 2019 AmeriCorps competition, CNCS seeks to prioritize the investment of national service resources in:
- Economic Opportunity – increasing economic opportunities for communities by engaging opportunity youth to prepare them for the workforce.
- Education – selection of one of the evidence-based interventions in three categories: School Readiness (three evidence-based interventions), K-12 success (nine evidence-based interventions), and Post-Secondary Support (one evidence-based intervention). In order to qualify for this priority, the applicants must be assessed as having Moderate or Strong evidence by the reviewers.
- Healthy Futures – reducing and/or preventing prescription drug and opioid abuse.
- Veterans and Military Families – positively impacting the quality of life of veterans and improving military family strength.
- Rural intermediaries – organizations that demonstrate measurable impact and primarily serve rural communities with limited resources and organizational infrastructure.
- Safer Communities – programs that focus on public safety, and/or partnerships between law enforcement and the community.
- Faith-based organizations.
The deadline for applications to the 2019 NOFO is Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Organizations that propose to operate in only one state must apply through the Governor-appointed State or Territory Commissions. Each state and territory administers its own selection process and puts forward to CNCS the applicants it selects to compete for funding. State applicants must contact their State Commissions to learn about their state or territory processes and deadlines which may be significantly before the CNCS deadlines and may have additional requirements.
Read full application instructions here:
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Improving Online Postsecondary Career and Technical Education – Aug 31
- Opportunity Youth Relief Fund
- Resist Invites Applications for Social Change, Justice Grants – Sep 4
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.