2019 Active Citizens Conference – Mar 23
Posted by William and Mary College on March 5, 2019
The 2019 Active Citizens Conference is fast approaching, and thanks to a generous Mellon Foundation Grant, this year’s registration is only $15 and free for community college students. This one-day student conference is a great opportunity to learn the skills of active citizenship from and with other engaged students.
Here are just a few of the workshops that will be offered. Review the workshop guide for full descriptions.
- Active Citizenship 101: Prioritizing Community as a College Student
- How to Start a 501(c)(3) in Less Than an Hour
- Social Action through the Decades
- From Bias to Collaboration: How Our Stories Influence the Way We Think, Talk, and Vote
- Fully Engaged: Living a More Intentional Life
- Stirring the Pot: Building Community Through Food
Register by March 13.
More in "Faculty Updates"
- Online Course: Community Engagement in Higher Education – Aug 24
- eService-Learning: Creating Experiential Learning and Civic Engagement Through Online and Hybrid Courses
- Unequal Schools and Communities: A Critical Examination of Neoliberal Education Reform
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.