Call for nominations: Lindy Award for Excellence in K-16 Partnerships
Due: May 1st, 2017
The Phillip B. Lindy Award for Excellence in K-16 Partnerships
The Phillip B. Lindy Award aims to recognize a collaborative partnership between at least one K-12 school and one university. This award will be given to the entire partnership, not an individual. Phil Lindy valued collaboration and communication among diverse stakeholders in order to maximize impact.
Through establishing the K-16 Partnerships Network at PHENND, he hoped to bring that philosophy to the world of university-school partnerships. The Lindy Award seeks to honor partnerships that focus on meeting articulated school and community needs and that have goals for long-term commitment. At the 2017 K-16 Partnerships Network June Institute, an award of $1,000 will be given to the selected K-16 Partnership to enhance the mission and vision of this partnership (e.g., partner meetings, collaborative technologies, trainings, celebrations, outreach).
Organizations must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible:
- Must be located in Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, or Montgomery Counties in Pennsylvania or Burlington, Gloucester, Camden and Atlantic Counties in New Jersey.
- Partnership must include at least one K-12 school and one Institution of Higher Education (IHE) partner.
- Application must be co-written, submitted and accepted by at least one university staff/faculty member and one K-12 staff member/teacher.
- Yearly program budgets cannot exceed $100,000.
In your application, please focus on:
- Process (i.e., how did the partnership begin, how is it maintained?)
- The objectives and outcomes of the partnership.
- The roles of each partner (school and university)
To apply download our application or apply online at http://tinyurl.com/2017LindyAward
For more information contact Caitlin Fritz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.