PHENND Fellows places passionate and talented college graduates with local Philadelphia nonprofits as AmeriCorps VISTA members.
We have a three-fold mission:
-Support local nonprofits fighting poverty across a wide range of issues
-Training and retaining local talent to stay and work in Philadelphia
-Developing the next generation of nonprofit leaders
Host Site Selection Process
If your organization would like to host a PHENND Fellow, please start thinking about a project for the 2019-2020 program year. Generally speaking the host selection timeline is as follows:
- Late October – Host site application available on PHENND website; applications due in late November
- December – PHENND reviews applications and makes initial selections; selected applications forwarded to CNCS
- mid-March – CNCS approves specific sites and communicates final decisions to PHENND
- March-June – candidate recruitment and selection
- late July – the Fellow’s term of service begins and lasts one calendar year
Our current nonprofit partners include:
- Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha
- Center for Hunger Free Communities at Drexel University
- Education Law Center PA
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts
- Philadelphia Legal Assistance
- Philadelphia Parks Alliance
- Springboard Collaborative
- Year Up Greater Philadelphia
To meet our current group of PHENND Fellows, visit the PHENND Staff page.
And check out the PHENND Fellows blog!
To learn more, contact PHENND VISTA Program Manager Eden Kainer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-573-2379.